The A2+ maintains the same basic design as the beloved A2, but Audioengine added a few new features to improve performance, including a built-in Digital-to-Analog Converter, or DAC. This high performance DAC allows you to connect directly to your computer’s USB port, instead of the 1/8” headphone output, to bypass the computer’s lower quality DAC. This lets the A2+ perform at its best.
Differences between A2 and A2+
• USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) built in.
• Variable RCA output (connect a subwoofer or wirelessly send audio to other speakers with the W3 wireless adapter - sold separately).
• Standard 1/4" threaded inserts for wall mounts.
• Upgraded binding posts.
• Upgraded power connection and power supply.
• Upgraded accessory cables.