In addition to analog audio inputs, the PM6005 also features optical and coaxial digital audio inputs for direct connection to digital audio sources such as a CD player and a digital television, for example. Featuring all discrete audio ciruitry, the PM6005 is also equipped with our HDAM discrete circuit modules, and the power amplifier features current feedback for wide range, low distortion sound quality with a wide range of speaker types. The power supply features large capacity Shottky Barrier Diodes that provide high current and highspeed conversion capability. There are two sets of gold plated speaker terminals for connection to two pairs of loudspeakers, and the headphone amplifier is all discrete and is compatible with virtually any headphone type, regardless of impedance or sensitivity.
PM6005 adds digital audio decoding, via the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz high current D/A converter, along with theexclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, which uses precision discrete components instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits. The high current power supply features a high capacity shielded toroidal power transformer that provides high instantaneous burst current, essential when driving lower impedance speaker loads. The power supply also features large high current storage capacitors, and high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes for the cleanest power characteristics. The digital audio circuitry is housed in its own shielded subsection to eliminate interference with the analog audio circuit blocks. Multiple analog inputs include a dedicated phono input for MM turntables, and there are optical and coaxial digital audio inputs. The PM6005 is rated at 45 watts per channel (8 ohms) and 60 watts per channel (4 ohms).
Marantz HDAM Technology
The exclusive HDAM technology features precision discrete components that provide wide dynamic range with low distortion, outperforming conventional op-amp integrated circuit chips. HDAM modules are used in the digital audio converter stages as well as the critical analog audio stage.
Fully Discrete High Current Output Stages
Equipped with multiple high current wide range power transistors, the PM6005 features the ability to handle low impedance speakers, and is rated at 45 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 60 watts per channel into 4 ohms. The output stages feature current feedback (originated by Marantz) instead of voltage feedback, for the lowest distortion and highest stability.
High Current Power Supply
Featuring a high current high capacity shielded toroidal power transformer, the power supply section also employs high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes, along with high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
Marantz Audio Advantage
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) and Current Feedback Amplifier endowed with unique Marantz technology forhigh-quality sound
- Fully discrete power amplifiers (2 x 45 W 8ohm 20-20kHz, 2 x 60 W 4ohm 20-20kHz)
- Robust, high-speed power supply (with blocking capacitors and large-capacity Schottky Barrier Diodes)
- Total sound balance retuned with optimized parts
High quality sound
- Toroidal power transformer
- High-quality audio parts
- Source Direct mode
- Gold-plated speaker terminals
- Gold-plated input and output connectors
- Digital inputs, to expand the connectivity for various audio players
- Two sets of speaker terminals (Speaker system A or B, A and B, bi-wiring)
- Phono (MM) input connector for connecting a turntable
- Bass and Treble controls
- Balance control (for L and R channels)
- Loudness circuit
- Easy-to-use remote control
- Marantz Remote in / out terminals
- IR Flasher input
- Auto standby, low power consumption in
- Standby mode (0.3W)