If you're connecting to a home theater audio system, the BDP-S6700 supports high-resolution movie sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS® HD. It will play CDs, SACDs, and music files from a thumb drive. Plus, it offers a wide variety of streaming audio options.
Dual-band Wi-Fi means smooth video streaming...
Dual-band Wi-Fi gives you a strong, quick connection for streaming services like Netflix. And Sony's noise reduction technology improves the quality of your streamed videos. On top of that, Miracast™ technology lets you “mirror” what you see on your smartphone or tablet on your TV's big screen.
Send sound from the Sony BDP-S6700 to a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones (not included) for late night viewing.
...and music streaming, too
If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you play your albums and playlists through your connected speakers. Or you can download Sony's free SongPAL™ app for iOS® or Android™. It gives you wireless access to the music stored on your phone, Pandora® Internet radio, and even music stored on a DLNA-connected server.
Beam sound wirelessly to headphones via Bluetooth
The BDP-6700's built-in Bluetooth lets you send the sound of your movies, shows, and other media to a pair of Bluetooth headphones. This helps with late night binge-watching. You can catch all the dialogue and hear all the loud, exciting sound effects without waking everyone up.
Stream from 300+ entertainment services and upscale your content to near-4K quality. Even connect wirelessly to Bluetooth headphones, wireless speakers and more. Play music from CDs and other formats via USB in multiple rooms, enjoy stronger, faster Wi-Fi and mirror your smartphone screen on TV. You've never watched, listened or connected quite like this.
- plays 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, SACDs, CDs and rewriteable CDs
- 4K video upscaling for use with Ultra HD TVs
- dual-band Wi-Fi for smooth wireless streaming
- Streaming video and music apps for playing TV shows, movies, and music, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube™, and Pandora (subscriptions required for some services)
- Bluetooth transmitter sends audio from player to Bluetooth-compatible headphones or speakers
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming to and from compatible sources
- Miracast-compatible — screen-mirroring with Miracast-compatible smartphones and tablets
- Quick Start/Load mode swiftly queues up a disc from the "off" position
- free downloadable Sony SongPAL app (available from iTunes Store and Google Play) helps connect the player to your wireless network and controls playback, and volume
- also gives you control over other compatible Sony speakers as part of a multi-room music system
- control the player and stream content from compatible smartphones and tablets with Sony's SideView app for Apple® and Android™ devices (requires both devices to be connected to the same wireless home network)
- BD-Live and BonusView support for added bonus features with compatible discs (requires external USB storage device)
- remote control
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- plays AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV audio file formats
- front-panel USB port to play music, movies, and images from external hard drives and thumb drives
- HDMI output
- coaxial digital audio output
- Ethernet port for Internet connectivity
- 10-1/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # BDPS6700
What's in the box:
- Blu-ray player
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Wireless remote control (RMT-VB200U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration