Vibrant, lifelike picture quality
The X800H series is one of Sony's most affordable TV lines, but there's still a lot here to feast your eyes upon. With high-powered image processing, the 75" XBR-75X800H delivers clearer, more vibrant 4K images than most value-priced TVs can produce.
An impressive HDR experience
This TV supports the HDR10 format, which is a requirement for Ultra HD Blu-ray movies and streamed 4K content. And new for 2020, Sony has equipped the X800H Series to also handle the more sophisticated Dolby Vision® format. This dynamic system adjusts brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis for rich detail and color.
You also get Sony's 4K HDR Processor X1™ which analyzes the color in individual objects and adjusts the contrast accordingly. When objects are remastered individually, you get greater depth, rich texture, and a more realistic picture.
A wider range of more precise colors
See natural color and real-world detail in all your content with Sony's XBR-75X800H.
I have a comparable Sony 4K TV from a few years ago, and it has Sony's unique TRILUMINOS display technology. This system accurately reproduces a very wide palette of colors. Most anything we watch on it looks great, but fresh, bright uniforms on the green of a soccer pitch or baseball field especially stand out.
But I'm excited to see the improvements offered by the updated processor in the X800H series, especially the Super Bit Mapping feature. This processing breaks up the solid bands of color to create a smoother gradation between shades. That means this new model will be less likely to suffer from the color banding I sometimes see on my older TV, during sunset scenes, for example.
Blazing fast and binge-worthy
Waiting for streaming apps to load can be a drag. So it's good news that Netflix® starts three times faster on the XBR-75X800H than it does on my TV from 2016. And switching between apps is faster, too.
And speaking of apps — the Android TV™ platform has ‘em all. Okay, it has about 5,000, which is more than any other Smart TV platform. Netflix has a dedicated button on the remote, but the rest can be easily accessed from the App button.
More smart features
I regularly use Chromecast built-in to cast shows from the HBO app on my phone to my TV. But I'm excited to see that a future firmware update for the X800H Series will add Apple AirPlay® 2 and HomeKit compatibility, which was previously only available on the higher-end models. That will make it easy to stream audio and video, or just mirror the screen from your Mac®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
Built-in Google Assistant — activated with the mic button on the remote — lets you adjust the volume, change channels or inputs, and control other basic TV functions with your voice. That handy button can also help you do all the normal Google Assistant stuff like set timers, provide a weather forecast, and control connected smart home devices. Already have an Amazon Alexa device that you love? This TV is also compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control assistants.
Sony Television XBR75X800H 75" 2020 4K HDR LED TV
- 74.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Motionflow™ XR 240 (60Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- TRILUMINOS™ Display technology for a wider color range
- direct-lit LED backlight with frame dimming provides good picture contrast and black levels
- X1™ 4K HDR Processor
- 4K X-Reality™ PRO combines noise reduction and upscaling for the cleanest picture with all video sources
- Object-based HDR Remaster improves color and contrast for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content
- Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR reduces banding for a smoother, more natural picture
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- built-in tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- Android TV with Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android™ or iOS® device, or laptop
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac (via future firmware update)
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 4 HDMI 2.0b inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view the highest-quality 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- supports ARC
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output — can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- built-in X-balanced speakers (10 watts x 2) for better sound from a slim TV
General Features & Info:
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
- dimensions: 66-3/8"W x 41"H x 16"D with stand; 66-3/8"W x 38-1/4"H x 2-7/8"D without stand
- weight: 72.5 lbs. with stand; 70.125 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 52-1/4"W x 16-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor — in-home service
- MFR # XBR75X800H/A
What's in the box:
- 75" LED-LCD TV
- 2 Pedestal feet
- 2 Pedestal brackets
- 64" AC power cord
- Remote control (RMF-TX500U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Cable clamps
- 4 Wall-mount adapters
- Four M4x8mm screws
- Four M5x14mm screws (lock and flat washers attached)
- Setup Guide
- Reference Guide
- Safety and Regulatory Booklet
- End User License Agreement
- Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" note