A sophisticated in-ceiling speaker
You'll notice that the Speakercraft AIM 5 Two Series 2 looks different from other speakers when you remove the grille. It sounds different, too. The speaker is designed for sophisticated installations: it fits seamlessly into any decor, and shapes your listening environment with advanced technology. Low-density compounds are used in the enclosure to minimize unwanted resonance. Carefully-chosen internal components reduce distortion and air turbulence. Small stuff? Sure. But small stuff matters when you expect superb sound.
Aim sound where you need it most
It's called the AIM252 for a reason — this speaker lets you aim sound where you need it. The 5-1/4" woofer tilts up to 15 degrees each way, and each of the three 5/8" tweeters built into the ARC Tweeter Array can rotate and tilt. That means you can mount the speaker where it looks best, or where the architecture of your room dicatates it must be, and then direct the sound waves toward your favorite chair. WavePlane™ technology helps further focus high-frequency sound dispersion, providing maximum clarity for music and home theater sound.
AIM Series 2 breaks new ground by adapting technology that was once only utilized in large sound reinforcement experiences.
- 5-1/4" glass fiber cone woofer
- 15° pivoting ability
- ARC tweeter array incorporates three 5/8" silk dome tweeters
- each tweeter features 15° pivoting & 359° rotational ability
- acoustic isolation technology minimizes transfer of acoustic energy to mounting and surrounding surfaces
- front-mounted switch allows ±3dB of treble adjustment
- timbre-matched to other Two series speakers
- handles 100 watts RMS
- frequency response: 42-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87db
- impedance: 8 ohms
- grille is paintable to match your decor
- 8" diameter x 4-7/8" deep
- cutout diameter: 6-5/8"
- warranty: lifetime
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Installation Guide
- Cardboard template