A decade ago, JBL engineers introduced the 660GTi Component System. The premium system celebrated the company’s 60th anniversary by setting new standards for power handling, distortion reduction and sound quality in cars. Now the 670GTi brings uncompromising JBL performance to a new generation of car audio enthusiasts. Featuring the identical woofers, tweeters and crossover circuits as its predecessor, this reference-class component system delivers huge power-handling capability, flat response and unparalleled distortion elimination. It even simplifies installation by splitting the crossover into separate, one-channel boxes. The product of meticulous design, manufacturing and testing, the 670GTi represents everything JBL engineering stands for.
- Nomex® spider
- The 670GTi’s spider and surround are specifically designed to ensure linear motion in both forward and rearward directions. This minimizes distortion caused by the speaker’s suspension.
- Kevlar® cone
- The ultra-rigid Kevlar dustcap and cone body minimize unwanted cone flexing, ensuring smooth frequency response.
- Copper polepiece cap
- The 670GTi delivers crystal-clear vocals and midrange—even during heavy bass signals—thanks to its polepiece cap. The copper cap provides linear inductance over the full range of forward voice-coil travel, which reduces intermodulation distortion.
- Vented Gap Cooling™ ports
- When air gets trapped in a voice coil, it can cause distortion—and the 670GTi isn’t about to let that happen. Vents allow air to move over the voice coil, which eliminates distortion and enables superior power handling.
- Voice coil
- An extra long, aluminum edge-wound voice coil provides high excursion for improved low-frequency capability. The two-inch diameter, over-hung voice coil reduces distortion at low frequencies and high input power.
- Oversized tweeter voice coil
- The one-inch, edge-driven textile dome tweeter employs an oversized voice coil, which increases power handling and lowers distortion at high output levels, and produces a flatter overall frequency response.
- Extended-range dome tweeter
- The 670GTi’s tweeter plays all the way out to 30kHz, so you hear every bit of detail and nuance that your music has to offer.
- Precision crossover network
- Technology and construction you might find in a premium home loudspeaker are right at home in the 670GTi’s crossover network. Aluminum-encased, wire-wound resistors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards greatly increase heat dissipation and power handling, maximizing the amount of amplifier power that reaches the woofer and tweeter.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
1 pair of midrange speakers
1 pair of tweeters
1 pair of passive crossovers
1 pair of carbon fiber grilles
1 foam gasket set for midranges
1 pair of I-mount™ kits for tweeters
1 pair of spider mounts for tweeters
1 pair of quad mounts for tweeters