Speakers usually have a separate tweeter and a mid/bass driver. This traditional design is compromised because the mid/bass driver struggles to do these two jobs accurately – providing detailed mid and bass.
The Aeromax 2 speakers are optimised for this job and expand on the radical design found in the award winning Aero speaker range. The Aeromax 2 uses innovative full-range BMR (Balance Mode Radiator) drivers instead of traditional tweeters. The result is a sound that’s dramatically more immersive and natural, with truly stunning, punchy bass. But don’t just take our word for it – listen to a pair, we think you’ll be amazed!
Available in beautiful, modern gloss black and white lacquer finishes, and with a more coherent and immersive sound, Aeromax is innovative, stylishand ideal for those who want the best stereo performance.
The 3 BIG advantages of BMR...
- BMR drivers deliver a wider, more room-filling sound than traditional tweeters. Regular tweeters – like you’ll find in other speakers – move in and out to create sound. These 4th generation BMR tweeters also create sound using horizontal vibration modes for a much wider sound which is hugely beneficial when positioning speakers in awkward locations.
- Using BMR drivers solves another common problem for traditional speakers – the crossover point when audio shifts from the tweeter to the mid-range or woofer happens at approximately 3 kHz. This is right at the most sensitive region for human ears. The result is often mis-matched because at this frequency our ears can hear thedistortions caused by traditional crossover networks and the tonal differences caused by the different materials used for tweeter and woofer. However, with a full-range BMR driver and conventional cone woofer working together, Aeromax speakers move that sensitive crossover spot away from those key frequencies, all the way down to 250Hz, for a fuller, more coherent sound.
- Traditional speakers often have a mid/bass driver which struggles to do the two jobs accurately – providing detailed mid and bass. With Aeromax, the BMR driver seamlessly covers the entire frequency range from 250Hz to 22kHz, allowing the woofer to beentirely optimised for efficient bass response below 250Hz, makingit a dedicated subwoofer instead of a mid/bass driver
Easy to position
- Thanks to the wide dispersion of their BMR drivers, Aeromax 2 and 6 deliver pin-sharp stereo and surround effects, but without the small sweet spotof traditional speakers. That makes them ideal for modern homes, as they can be placed in a wider Range of places than traditional speakers.
4th Generation BMR
- Aeromax 2 features a brand new, 4th generation BMR driver with exceptional high frequency extension to deliver a crisp and detailed top end.
- Aeromax 2 features a new Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver to seamlessly cover the frequency range from 250Hz to 22kHz, allowing the woofer(s) in each speaker to be entirely optimised for efficient bass response, effectively becoming a subwoofer.
- Aeromax speakers improve on the already magnificent Aero speakers by using ultra high grade crossover components to bring even greater levelsof detail and transparency.
Superior cabinet bracing
- Extensively braced cabinets lock the drive units mechanically to the cabinet structure resulting in lower coloration and cleaner dynamics. This is especially important with Aeromax as the drivers are actually high power subwoofers, so the more rigid the cabinet, the better.
Crystal clear sound
- Use of Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) drivers moves the traditional tweeter/woofer crossover point far away from the ears’ most sensitive region and therefore eliminates the distortions caused by traditional crossover networks and removes tonal differences caused by different materials used fortweeter and woofer.
New speaker terminals
- Aeromax 2 and 6 feature brand new, audiophile grade, gold plated speaker terminal posts for the ultimate performance.
High grade internal cabling
- Aeromax uses Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) internal cabling for the purest signal path from the audiophile grade, gold plated terminal posts to the crossover and drive units.
- All these points would mean nothing if Aeromax were not built to last! Modelled with CAD and featuring best-in-class construction, the Aeromax cabinets have been designed both to minimize standing waves and give you many years of listening pleasure.