The headshell attaches to a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and ’70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. The height of the tone arm can be adjusted from 0 mm to 6 mm to accommodate a wide variety of cartridges.
The turntable chassis is constructed of 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard), an excellent anti-vibration damping material that limits low-frequency acoustical feedback. The anti-resonance platter is made of 20 mm-thick polyoxymethylene and is driven by a sensor-monitored motor that ensures a continuously accurate platter rotation speed of 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The AT-LP7 also includes a built-in switchable phono/line preamp for connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input, and a selector switch to designate operation with a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge provides outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response, and allows for easy replacement with any VM stylus
- J-shaped tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings for excellent tracking
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with selectable modes for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges
- 20 mm-thick, anti-resonance, polyoxymethylene platter
- 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard) chassis
- Lightweight AT-HS10 headshell
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, and dust cover
|Type||2-speed, fully manual operation|
|Drive Method||Belt drive|
|Speeds||33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM|