The SX-50 is designed from the ground up by our engineers in London, with a custom-designed 5-inch driver, silk dome tweeter and full range ported bass reflex design. Other components were hand-picked by our team and the final design was painstakingly voiced to provide the best possible sound quality.
That stunning sound quality also comes in a surprisingly small package, making these compact speakers ideal where space is an issue, particularly in smaller rooms or when used as satellite speakers in a serious surround system.
Following Cambridge Audio’s “Sound First” principles, the SX-50 is designed to sound truly stunning, at a price that’s unbeatable. That’s down to the laser-like focus on delivering audio quality, not marketing hype or extraneous features. Cambridge Audio puts the money where it counts and we believe you’ll be able to hear the results!
- High power, efficient woofer magnets deliver deep bass without putting stress on your amp
- Custom-designed bass driver with treated paper cone for a smooth and even frequency response
- Silk dome tweeter combines a soft, smooth sound with high levels of detail
- Dedicated foam damper behind the tweeter reduces reflections and increases sound stage depth for a truly spacious, room-filling experience where you can pick out every instrument
- Precisely optimised crossovers give the smoothest and most linear response
- Rigid MDF cabinet modelled using CAD so that the speaker dimensions minimise standing waves, for a more precise bass response.