The ultra-compact CW Series bass cubes from Hi-Fi sound specialist Monitor Audio will bring you size-defying bass output with versatile connect and control options.
Joining Monitor Audio’s expanding choice of high performance speaker systems for custom installation, the ultra-compact CW8 and CW10 will enhance your music and film systems with the deep bass impact you really can feel. Beautifully compact, the CW8 and CW10 can be tucked behind furniture on room boundaries, but their high-output acoustic design - comprising no fewer than three drivers and powerful DSP-controlled amplification - will deliver the explosive high-quality bass frequencies that can transform the experience of audio in your home.
Deep Bass Control
The CW Series’ rigid 18mm MDF cubic cabinets - with regular 25.5cm (CW8) and 30cm (CW10) dimensions - incorporate our signature C-CAM® drivers: 8” (CW8) and 10” (CW10). Each system array comprises an active high-excursion drive unit powered and trimmed by potent DSP-tuned amplification, together with twin side-mounted ABRs (Auxiliary Bass Radiators). For each system our proprietary DSP control software regulates the output from 400W of integrated cool-running Class D amplification, keeping distortion within very low limits, even when the systems are driven hard. The flanking ABRs in each model augment the active driver to provide three times the radiating area at low frequencies for high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and diminished distortion. As a result you’ll experience deep, clean bass frequencies at pressure levels beyond the capabilities of similarly-sized competitors, delivering great bass enhancement with minimal intrusion into room space and décor
Comprehensive Operational Control
The new CW series places all the power in the hands of installer and client. Each little bass-engine is generously specified with custom installation in mind, providing versatile input and control options including RS232 and a dedicated ‘SubConnect’ PC application via a wired USB interface. Panel inputs include stereo RCA (mainly for two-channel applications), unbalanced RCA or balanced (XLR) LFE connections, and a 12V power trigger (for connection to an AVR with this feature). RS-232 provides integration with 3rd party system control to choose such things as power-on preferences. A list of codes is provided to enable programming. Panel controls include four pre-set buttons, factory-calibrated to provide optimum contours for music, movie, flat and impact. The limits of each parametric function can be adjusted in the ‘SubConnect’ PC application (available as a download from monitoraudio.co.uk) to provide user presets. Via the application each input can in addition be assigned a different set of values and features to accommodate for instance, systems with different output levels. Auto input signal sensing is possible, with the off time adjustable in the Application.
- Ultra-compact ‘cube’ shape designs
- Twin side-mounted ABRs for increased output and reduced distortion. Higher output than a sealed box and better control and zero air noise compared to a ported box
- High excursion woofers featuring signature C-CAM cone technology
- High-power Class-D amplifier delivering 400 watts
- DSP processing –all functions performed in the digital domain for precise control
- RS-232 for integration with system controllers
- SubConnect’ PC Applet for full feature adjustment, installer set-up and firmware update using USB
- LFE Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA Inputs
- Stereo RCA line level inputs
- Phase switch (0-180 degrees)
- 12V trigger and auto signal sensing with timer control
- 4 x pre-set equalisation optimised for music, movie, flat and impact with customisation through SubConnect Applet
- Robust metal mesh grille on front woofer
- Rigid MDF cabinet construction with durable vinyl finish