The Devialet Expert 140 Pro Stereo is a minimalist audiophile's dream. Its sleek low-profile chassis — just over an inch and a half tall — generates an impressive 140 watts per channel, plenty to drive the most demanding speakers. Proprietary technology, clever amplifier design, and flexible user interface software make it a unique centerpiece for a top-notch two-channel setup.
Hybrid amplifier technology
ADH® combines Class A and Class D amplification technology for distortion-free performance at all power levels. Signal passes through a Class A voltage amplifier to reduce distortion, then on to a Class D current amplifier designed for high gain. Devialet's engineers also made sure heat dissipates quickly, so you can listen louder and longer.
Devialet's online configurator setup utility lets you dial in equalization and settings, including brand-specific crossover filters for your speakers.
Smart setup with the configurator
Devialet's online setup utility is called the configurator. It allows you to create up to three system configurations, save them on the included SD card, and upload them to your machine. It's a fun interactive tool that lets you dial in cartridge loading for the phono preamp, custom crossover filters for specific speakers, and other vital settings.
One of the coolest options is the ability to configure AXD®, Devialet's proprietary digital signal processing technology. The company partnered with some of the world's best-known speaker manufacturers to create an exciting feature known as SAM® (Speaker Active Matching). SAM uses active crossover filtering to tailor the receiver's signal to match brand-specific speaker profiles, for maximum performance.
Phono settings can be similarly specific, with pre-loaded profiles for most cartridges, listed by brand and model.
The 140 Pro is compact, but it doesn't skimp on inputs. There's a Toslink digital optical input, and two dedicated S/PDIF digital coaxial inputs. If that's not enough, the inputs for the phono stage an also double as a pair of additional coaxial digital inputs, or as an analog RCA stereo line input. If you store high-res files on your computer, the Type-B USB input on the back panel will let you connect that, too.
- 140 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at <0.0005% THD
- efficient hybrid amplifier offers the best of Class A and Class D technology
- signal to noise ratio: 130dB
- built-in Wi-Fi creates a strong dual-band wireless connection
- stream music via Spotify® Connect, Apple® AirPlay® and UPnP
- online configurator tool with manufacturer-specific speaker profiles lets you dial in custom settings
- can be configured as a monoblock amp
- remote included
- Type-B USB input for connecting a computer
- Ethernet port for connecting to a local network
- Toslink optical input for connecting a digital source
- two digital coaxial inputs (digital 1 & 2)
- phono stage input for connecting a turntable with moving magnet or moving coil cartridge
- doubles as an RCA stereo analog line input
- each input can also function as a digital coaxial input (digital 3 & 4)
- SD card slot for configuration and setup (card included)
- mini optical input is reconfigurable as an RS-232 port for remote triggering
- one pair of binding post outputs for connecting speakers via bare wire or banana plug
Dimensions and warranty:
- 15-1/8"W x 1-5/8"H x 15-1/8"D
- weight: 12.45 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years