The PST-8 all feature Furman’s SMP circuit which incorporates Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) and a high current TVZ-MOV to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power. This dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment.
Typical AC filters feature antiquated non-linear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter’s excessive resonant peaking. With Furman’s proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
Additionally, today’s power grid commonly experiences numerous electrical surges and spikes on a daily basis. At best, these irregularities can degrade your equipment’s performance, and, at worst, can severely damage your entire system. Furman’s SMP circuit offers the highest degree of protection available without sacrificing itself or any of its components.
Conventional AC conditioners employing older technologies leak voltage to circuit ground which can, in fact, aid in damaging sensitive digital circuits such as computer processors. Furman’s new technology, however, never directs voltage to the circuit ground further ensuring the safety of your equipment.
Another feature that is unique to Furman’s SMP circuit is automatic extreme-voltage shutdown. Extreme voltages are statistically the most common, damaging AC event. The Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuit automatically turns off the unit when it is fed 137 volts or higher protecting itself and connected equipment from the extreme voltage. Only Furman offers this degree of protection! Add telco and cable /satellite transient voltage suppression, and you have what is, unquestionably, the most comprehensive protection available in a portable AC power conditioner.
Furman PST-8 Features at a Glance
- SMP provides the highest level of protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- E.V.S. protects equipment from dangerous over voltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC power thus protecting critical audio/video components
- Cable satellite and Tel-co connectors deliver advanced protection to connected equipment
- Sturdy Aluminium chassis
- Family Power Station Series
- Line Voltage 120 (Volts)
- Number of Outlets 8
- Outlet Descriptions All 8 outlets filtered and surge protected
- Control On/Off control to all outlets through power switch.
- Compliance C-UL (UL standard #1449, #1363)
- USB Charging N/A
- Low Voltage Trigger N/A
- AC Power Cord 8 ft captive power cord with 36 degree NE MA 15 plug
- Dimensions 3.75" W x 17.75" D x 2.7" H
- Power Consumption 6 Watts
- AC Protection Technology Extreme Voltage Shutdown Series Multi-Stage Protection Non-sacrificial protection with zero ground contamination
- Under voltage Shut off N/A
- Over-Voltage Shut off 135 VAC
- Maximum Current Rating 15 (Amps)
- Initial Clamping Level 188 V Peak
- Filtration Technology Li FT
- Filtration Rating> 40 dB from 150 kHz - 100 MHz
> 80 dB from 100 kHz - 1 GHz
- Signal Line Protection 1 Tel 1 Cable/Satellite
- Length 7.7 (Inches)
- Width 3.6 (Inches)
- Height 20.9 (Inches)
- Weight 5.05 (Lbs)
- Unit of Measure Each
- UPC: 654061011897
- Master Pack Qty 4