LG's CineBeam HU80KA makes the big-screen projector experience practical for folks who don't have a perfect home theater room. Its laser-powered design produces a bright, vivid picture, and you can literally have it up and running in a matter of minutes.
Most people will probably set up the HU80KA by standing it on the floor, although you can also place it horizontally if the table you rest it on is about the same height as the bottom of your screen. Moving this projector is a piece of cake thanks to the carry handle and power cord reel.
Instead of a conventional high-pressure bulb, the HU80KA's light source is a laser rated for 20,000 hours of use. It will provide years of dependable use, and has a quick turn-on of just 10 seconds — much faster than bulb-based projectors.
When placed on the floor, the mirror in the projector's hinged top lets you adjust the height of the image on the screen. But if the angle is too steep, you may see a trapezoidal shape instead of the correct rectangular image. You can use the mirror to adjust for that a bit, and the HU80KA has keystone correction, as well. We usually suggest using keystone correction only if you have to, because it reduces image detail slightly.
You can choose from several preset picture modes. The Cinema mode delivers a very accurate image right out of the box — ideal for watching movies. The Sports and Vivid modes amp up the brightness and contrast — great for viewing sports, or when you need to keep some room lights on.
Two HDMI inputs are provided for your high-def video sources. HDMI 1 supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), which allows audio to be sent from the HU80KA to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector.
Use the two USB inputs to connect a thumb drive or other device. You can also project your videos, photos and apps wirelessly from a compatible Android® or Windows® smartphone or tablet.
The projector's built-in stereo speakers produce surprisingly good sound, and there's a minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers. Bluetooth® audio streaming lets you listen wirelessly via compatible portable speakers, headphones, or sound bars.
- Display Type DLP Native Resolution 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)*
- Screen Size 90" ~ 120"4K Upscaling / Super Resolution Yes
- Projection Image 120"@7.2 inch, 100"@3.9 inch, 90"@2.2 inch Aspect Ratio 16:9 /Original/4:3/Vertical Zoom/All-Direction Zoom
- Brightness Up to 2700 ANSI Contrast Ratio 2,000,000:1
- Lamp Type Laser (B/R LD)Lamp Life Up to 20,000 hrs
- Noise 26↓ / 28↓ / 30dB (A)↓ HDCP HDCP 2.2
- Trumotion Yes HDR HDR10
- Digital Keystone Correction Advanced Edge Adjustment (12 Point Warping)
LG SMART TV
- Premium content providers Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, LG Channels, Google Play Movies, Fandango Now, Spotify Music***Magic Remote Yes
- App Store Yes Web Browser Yes
- AI Voice Recognition LG ThinQ + Google Assistant
- DTV Tuner Yes USB Yes
- Bluetooth (with Speaker)Yes Screen Share (with Miracast, WiDi supporting device)Yes
- Wireless Contents Share (with iOS, Android devices via LG TV Plus App)Yes
- Bluetooth sound out Yes Built-in Speakers 5W + 5W Stereo
- Bluetooth AV Sync Adjustment Yes
- Digital TV Tuner Yes Audio out S/PDIF 1(Optical)
- HDMI™2 (HDMI 2.0)USB (Video, MP3, Photo)2 (USB 2.0)
- USB Type C1 (Display, Data, Power Delivery to connected device) RJ 451
- HID (Keyboard/Mouse/GamePad Connection Thru USB) Yes IP Control Yes
- Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V – 240V @ 50~60 Hz (PSU Built-in)Power Consumption 350W (Max)
- Standby Mode<0.5W Quick On/Off Yes (On in 12 seconds – Off in 2 seconds)
- Remote Control 1 Magic Remote (Battery included)Manual Simple Book
- Adaptor PSU built-in
- Product (WxHxD) 26.8" x 5.0" x 13.7"Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 33.7" x 10" x 18.1"
- Weight 26.9 lbs Shipping Weight 33.3 lbs
- Limited Warranty 2 Year Parts & Labor