Creative bookshelf speaker design
Since its inception in 2006, Q Acoustics has earned a reputation for its innovative speaker designs. The company's newest 5000 Series models take a high-tech approach with the aim of making audiophile sound more affordable. The 5020 bookshelf speakers bring detailed, dynamic performance to your listening space, whether you use them to listen to music or as part of your home theater setup.
The 5020's 5-inch C3 Continuous Curved Cone™ woofer has a single, smooth profile from its outer surround to its center. That gives it excellent sound dispersion with reduced harmonic distortion and a nicely controlled frequency response that allows for smooth integration with the tweeter. It also helps to keep bass dynamics tighter, giving you more flexibility if you need to place your speakers close to a wall.
Its hermetically sealed 1" tweeter is mechanically isolated from the front baffle to mitigate internal cabinet pressure and woofer resonances.
Braced for sound
This speaker's rear-ported, solid MDF enclosure features Point to Point™ (P2P) internal bracing based on state-of-the-art, microscopic-level analysis. It allows the cabinet to dampen and dissipate unwanted acoustic energy, giving the drivers a rigid, non-resonant environment in which to operate.
- pair of bookshelf/stand-mount speakers for music or home theater
- 5" C3 (Continuous Curved Cone) woofer
- 1" hermetically sealed tweeter
- rear-ported bass reflex enclosure
- frequency response: 53-30,000 Hz (-6dB)
- sensitivity: 87.9 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-100 watts
- low-profile connection terminals accept banana plugs, spade lugs, and bare wire
- removable magnetic grilles
- includes foam port plugs for adjusting the speakers' low-frequency performance
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-1/8"W x 11-3/16"H x 11-9/16"D
- weight: 15.4 lbs. (each)