It's all about the picture
Sony's 2020 X900H series delivers an appealing combination of performance and value. This level of picture quality and smart TV conveniences used to cost a lot more. As you may know, Sony builds a lot of the pro 4K cameras, lenses, and monitors used in Hollywood. I think that helps explain how the 65" XBR-65X900H can deliver such a rich, cinema-like picture.
Power to upscale to a more natural picture
What elevates the XBR-65X900H above competing TVs is Sony's advanced video processing. Sony's 4K HDR Processor X1™ analyzes the color in individual objects and adjusts the contrast accordingly. When objects are remastered individually, you get greater depth, rich texture, and a more realistic picture. Even images filmed in HD are upscaled close to 4K resolution by 4K X-Reality™ PRO.
Crisp contrast, smooth motion
The XBR-65X900H's excellent native contrast is enhanced by a full-array LED backlight with local dimming. By dimming some areas of the screen and boosting others, Sony's X-tended Dynamic Range technology produces a wider brightness range than many conventional LED-backlit TVs can deliver. And Sony's X-Motion Clarity™ with 120Hz refresh rate clears up motion blur without dimming overall picture brightness.
Later this year, Sony will send out a firmware update that will enhance this TV's capabilities as a gaming display, including support for advanced features like 4K/120Hz and variable refresh rate.
You can tell this TV what you want
The XBR-65X900H's built-in Android operating system lets you easily log in to your Google ID to access a huge collection of apps, games and content from Google Play. Use the Chromecast built-in feature to stream movies, pictures, and TV shows from your iOS or Android-based phone, or from a laptop.
The included remote control lets you activate the built-in Google Assistant simply by pressing the mic button and speaking into the microphone. Use it to adjust the volume, change channels or inputs, and control other basic TV functions. Search for a particular movie or actor just by saying the name. Google Assistant can also answer everyday questions and control connected smart home devices.
All of your favorite content, displayed in rich and life-like 4K HDR. The X900H is engineered with picture quality in mind, complimented by Full Array LED, TRILUMINOS Display, and X-Tended Dynamic Range technologies contributing to an experience that accurately portrays everything you watch and play. Connect Alexa to your compatible Sony TV to stream smart camera feeds with your voice. You can also ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, and more and see it all on your Sony TV.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- X-Motion Clarity™ blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG) extends picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- full-array direct-lit LED backlight with local dimming for excellent picture contrast and black levels
- TRILUMINOS™ Display technology for a wider color range
- X1™ 4K HDR Processor produces pictures rich with lifelike detail and texture
- 4K X-Reality™ PRO upscales images to near-4K clarity
- Object-based HDR Remaster improves color and contrast for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content
- Super Bit Mapping™ 4K HDR reduces banding for a smoother, more natural picture
- Netflix Calibrated Mode mimics the settings on Netflix's mastering monitors to ensure an accurate picture
- "Ready for PlayStation 5" (requires future firmware update)
- 4K @ 120Hz, eARC, variable refresh rate, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 tuner is capable of receiving over-the-air 4K broadcasts — may require firmware update (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- Android TV™ with Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android™ or iOS® device, or laptop
- compatible with Apple® HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac (via future firmware update)
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- 1 HDMI 2.1, 3 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view the highest-quality 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- HDMI 3 input supports ARC (eARC support will be added via future firmware update)
- 1 composite video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output — can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- Acoustic Multi-Audio speaker system with sound positioning tweeters (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
General Features & Info:
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
- dimensions: 57-1/8"W x 35-5/8"H x 13-3/8"D with stand; 57-1/8"W x 32-7/8"H x 2-15/16"D without stand
- weight: 51.2 lbs. with stand; 48.9 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 44-1/2"W x 13-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor — in-home service
- MFR # XBR65X900H