Why choose between analog and digital? Hear the best of both!
There are lots of ways to use your computer as a music source. But few of them are as simple and rewarding as connecting it to the Yamaha A-S801. This integrated amplifier has a USB input, so you can play digital tunes from your computer, including high-resolution files. Of course, this amp also offers lots of power to drive your stereo speakers. There are plenty of other inputs for disc players, a turntable, and even a TV or Blu-ray player. This versatility makes the A-S801 an excellent choice for anyone looking to design a fantastic two-channel rig with digital and analog capabilities.
Digital connections with high-resolution playback
When you connect your computer to the A-S801's USB input, your digital tunes will benefit greatly from this amp's high-quality ESS SABRE digital-to-analog converter (DAC). It converts your digital files into analog signals, preserving all of their detail, for accurate sound. This DAC can also handle high-resolution music, including DSD files and 24-bit/192kHz PCM files. There are also optical and coaxial digital inputs — connect a TV or Blu-ray player to these inputs, and enjoy movie sound through your stereo speakers.
Great sound from any source
With digital or analog signals, this amp delivers sound that's dynamic and clear. Thanks to anti-resonance construction, a symmetrical circuit layout, and high-quality components, the A-S801 keeps distortion levels incredibly low for superb sound quality. If you need to make some adjustments as you listen, there are front-panel tone controls for bass and treble. There's also a loudness control, for bringing out more detail and depth while listening at low volume. Or, bypass these controls with Pure Direct mode, which eliminates signal degradation as your music travels a more direct circuit path. For listening to CDs, engage CD Direct Amplification — it matches the input levels of the source with the amp to further minimize noise introduced at the amplification stage.
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.019% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ESS SABRE ES9010K2M digital-to-analog converter offers superb sound with digital music files
- sampling rate indicator on front panel
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) combines a symmetrical circuit layout along with anti-resonance construction for high-quality sound with minimal distortion
- Pure Direct mode allows music signals to travel the shortest possible route through the unit's circuitry for cleaner sound
- CD Direct Amplification mode matches input signals from CD players for higher signal-to-noise ratio
- remote control included
- detachable power cord
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- 6 RCA audio inputs, including MM (moving magnet) phono input
- subwoofer output
- USB 2.0 input for music playback from a computer
- supports DSD (2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz) and PCM files (up to 32-bit/384 kHz)
- two pairs of RCA recording outputs
- signal-to-noise ratio: 99 dB (CD)
- two pairs of gold-plated binding-post speaker connectors with front-panel switching
- 1/4" headphone jack on front panel
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 6"H x 16-3/16"D (measured by Crutchfield)
- weight: 26.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
What's in the box:
- Stereo integrated amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RAS15)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Owner's manual (En/ Fr)
- Warranty information (US/CA)
- On-line product registration information
- Yamaha A-S801 owner's manual